Things are not as easy as they might seem. Everything is difficult. We all have our moments. Here is a list of blindingly simple hacks to enrich our lives. Excelsior, friends, excelsior!
1) To get your clothes much cleaner in less time, hit the button marked START as soon as you load the machine. Not 30 minutes later.
2) Nor 3 hours later. Turn this on
3) Nor 8 hours later. Turn the machine on.
4) Coffee makers will not work unless you add water.
5) Coffee makers will make hot water if you forget the coffee.
6) Hard boiled eggs will explode once all the water has boiled off.
7) Take out your cell phone before swimming.
8) The oven needs to be turned on to bake.
9) Turning it on also works with the dish washer, clothes washer, and the dryer.
10) Avoid milkdew, remove your clothes from the washer when they’re done.
11) And when you rewash, don’t let it sit there for a second night.
12) Pushing down the levers on the toaster helps enormously.
13) If ya toss your fitbit in there with your clothes, you get a great head start on your steps, but again, only if you turn on the machine.
14) Turn on the timer when there’s a timed-step in cooking.
15) It helps if you check the water level, too, and change it to X large instead of the X small load you did yesterday..
16) Baking chocolate marshmallows and forgetting them. Mother was not best pleased with this early foray into the culinary world.
17) Do not try to fill the dogs’ water bowl and watch TV at the same time unless you plan to mop the floor too.
18) Letting the food in the pot cool down so you can put it in the fridge and forgetting it until the next day is a bad idea.
19) Notice if you’re frying eggs using high heat.
20) Don’t defrost meat in the microwave and forget about it.
21) Put the milk back in the fridge.
22) Don’t confuse tablespoons with teaspoons when cooking.
23) Put a bucket underneath when you drain the toilet tank.
24) Check to see if the plug fell out before calling the repair man.
There, now you can do everything. Life is wonderful again.
My cookbook, Eat Me: 169 Fun Recipes From All Over the World, and my newest novel, Do Lutheran Hunks Eat Mushrooms, are available on amazon.com
The cookbook is also available as an e-book on Nook
or on my website-where you can get a signed copy at: www.lordsoffun.com