PAUL’S HAM SALAD
(Old World Style*)
INGREDIENTS AND PREPARATION
Serves 6. Takes 30 minutes.
1) This is, as far as I remember, the very first recipe I made up and wrote down.
2) It has a rather elegant simplicity, doesn’t it?
3) I think I was about eleven when I created this dish.
4) I looked like this back then. Wasn’t I cute?
5) My favorite food was tacos. Still is.
6) I was a food fussy when I was little.
7) I started cooking partly to control the meal and the ingredients. No icky foods would ever find there way into my meals. I also enjoy cooking. I find it therapeutic.
9) Food has worked it’s way into some of my novels as well.
10) This bio is over. I’m hungry.
My cookbook, Following Good Food Around the World, with its 180 wonderful recipes, my newest novel, Do Lutheran Hunks Eat Mushrooms, a hilarious apocalyptic thriller, and all my other books, are available on amazon.com.
I made this dish decades ago. It’s the first recipe I ever wrote down.