PA AMB TOMÀQUET
4″ baguette or crusty Italian bread
4 garlic cloves
4 big, ripe tomatoes
8 teaspoons olive oil (1 teaspoon per slice)
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
Makes 8 slices. Takes 10 minutes.
Cut bread into ½” slices. Toast bread slices in toaster on medium setting, if that exists, for 1½ minutes or slices are .browned to your desired level
Cut garlic cloves in half. Rub each slice with half a garlic clove. Do not use the same clove twice. (Doing so will bring vampires to your neighborhood.) Cut tomatoes in half. Squeeze a different tomato half over each bread slice. Drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil over each bread slice. Sprinkle an equal amount of pepper and salt over each slice.
1) Vampires can only go out at night.
2) Vampires can only enter a building after being invited in.
3) The South Pole’s day is six months long.
4) A vampire would die there!
5) Unless it could get inside a building.
6) However, the people at the South Pole are a savvy lot. They would never invite in a vampire.
7) This is why vampires hang out on Alaskan cruises during winter months.
8) However, most people prefer to visit Alaska in the summer.
9) Which is bad for blood thirsty vampires. And even the few people who go on such voyage will not invite vampires into their staterooms. It’s not easy being a vampire tourist nowadays.
– Paul De Lancey, The Comic Chef
My cookbook, Following Good Food Around the World, with its 180 wonderful recipes, my newest novel, Do Lutheran Hunks Eat Mushrooms, a hilarious apocalyptic thriller, and all my other books, are available on amazon.com.