3 serrano chiles
9 cloves garlic
1 white onion
8 Roma tomatoes
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon cilantro
2 teaspoons lime juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Remove seeds from serrano chiles if you desire a milder salsa. Put chiles, garlic, onion, tomatoes, and oil in baking dish. Stir until garlic, onion, and tomatoes are well coated with oil. Roast in oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Dice roasted veggies. Add veggies, cilantro, lime juice and salt to mixing bowl. Blend with whisk or fork. Goes great with everything except lutefisk.
1) May, 1997, was National Salsa Month. Our officials have too much time on their hands.
2) In 2003, Texas declared tortilla chips and salsa to be the Official State Snack. The Texas government has too much time on its hands.
3) Pace Foods uses over 20 million pounds of hot peppers every year. That’s a lot of peppers or maybe just one huge pepper. Can you imagine a pepper that big? If you managed to eat it you’d need a really huge glass of milk to coat the pain receptors in your throat.
4) It would take a really big cow to give enough milk to fill that glass in tidbit 3).
5) Tomatoes and serrano chiles are not vegetables. They are fruits. So is a banana.
6) “Sometimes a banana is just a banana.” – Sigmund Freud. Freud would have been greatly interested in a dream about a twenty-million-pound serrano chile.
7) Oh, and some historians think Christopher Columbus crossed the Atlantic Ocean to get away from lutefisk.
As an e-book on Nook
or on my website-where you can get a signed copy at: www.lordsoffun.com