SALMON WITH LEMON-DILL SAUCE
1 clove garlic
2 salmon fillets
1 1/2 tablespoon corn flour
2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup butter
4 tablespoons lemon juice
4 teaspoons dill weed
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Mince garlic clove. Cover both sides of the salmon fillets with corn flour. Keep excess flour. Put oil in skillet. Heat at 350 degrees. Add salmon fillets and garlic. Sauté for 8 minutes, carefully flipping salmon every 2 minutes until it’s brown on both sides. Remove salmon. Add lemon juice, dill weed. chicken stock, and pepper. Cook at 350 degrees until liquid boils.
Add salmon back to skillet along with the flour that didn’t stick to the fillets. Cook at 350 degrees for 6 minutes, stirring frequently to blend flour and spices and turning over the salmon once after 3 minutes.
Serve and enjoy.
1) There is no picture of this dish. My family is visiting in-laws and took the camera with them.
2) So I used the above picture from the One World, One Movie event of July 12, 2013..
3) As described on the event site, “In its annual effort to promote world peace and culinary awareness One World, One Movie is picking the movie Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. Our goal this year is to have a million people watching the same movie on the same day. World peace and culinary greatness must surely follow.”
“You may say that I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. – John Lennon
4) The link to this might event is: https://www.facebook.com/events/384691621637151/
5) This dish was created for this event.
6) You can still participate in this event if you read this on July 12, 2013. After that, I think you will need a time machine.
7) If for some reason you don’t have a time machine here is a link to the trailer for Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1441952/
– Paul De Lancey, The Comic Chef
My cookbook, Following Good Food Around the World, with its 180 wonderful recipes, my newest novel, Do Lutheran Hunks Eat Mushrooms, a hilarious apocalyptic thriller, and all my other books, are available on amazon.com.