Today has been a really frustrating day, so here is this post.
THINGS I’D LIKE TO SEE
Note: These are not necessarily in order of importantce A feware light hearted. Some are deadly serious. Okay, here goes.
1) Countries stop invading other countries. No excuses. Especially incredibly transparent lies.
2) If a country must invade, stop making deliberate targets out of civilians.
3) People having respect for other people who hold opposing political views.
4) People and groups forgoing lying when advancing political views.
5) People accepting the fact that democracy means that sometimes you will be outvoted.
6) Prosecution of all rapists. Stop turning the raped woman into the victim.
7) End of racism. There really are enough people to hate in this world based on individual merits without casting a wider net.
8) More competition in the market place. For capitalism to benefit everyone, we really can’t have conglomerates controlling huge swaths of the economy.
9) The end of lying in news programs.
10) More competition in news station. As it stands now, it’s so easy for mega-news station to drown out all other views.
11) Stop thinking five minutes of research on the internet overpowers a collected hundreds of thousands of hours of scientific research.
12) Stop whining when society asks you to do something you don’t want to do. Okay, I have problems here. Mea culpea.
13) Being outvoted doesn’t mean your rights are being violated.
14) Cover your mouth when coughing.
15) Buy the blinker package when buying a car. You don’t need to expend a lot of energy to signal.
16) Know that a red light really does mean to stop.
17) Realize that if you’re the fifth person to go through the intersection after the light changed, that you really are a dick.
18) Keys that automatically fly back to a prearranged peg on a wall or a hutch, no matter where you left them.
19) Delivery people who know how to install a refrigerator.
20) No more school children gunned down. How is this still happening?
21) The end of all harrassment in the workplace? Why is being a dick there still okay?
22) The end of littering.
23) The end of plastic-litter islands in the Pacific Ocean. Two such islands are thousands of square miles in size.
24) I’d like to not be perpetually tired or in pain.
That’s all for now. God bless you all. May tomorrow find you to be a happier person.
Behave. Don’t make me come there.
Paul De Lancey, The Comic Chef, Ph.D.
My cookbook, Following Good Food Around the World, with its 180 wonderful recipes, my newest novel, Do Lutheran Hunks Eat Mushrooms, a hilarious apocalyptic thriller, and all my other books, are available on amazon.com.
I second everything you just wrote.
LikeLiked by 1 person