2 chicken breasts
1 red bell pepper
4 garlic cloves
2 stalks green onion
1 medium onion
2 medium tomatoes
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon sugar
1 bay leaf
1/4 teaspoon celery seed or celery salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon thyme
2 teaspoons cornstarch
Makes 4 bowls. Takes 40 minutes.
Cut chicken into 1/2″ cubes. Seed bell pepper and cut it into strips 2″ long and 1/4″ wide. Mince garlic, green onion, and onion. Puree tomatoes.
Heat vegetable oil in saucepan at medium-high heat. Add sugar when bubbles start to form. Continue heating the mixture–it seems so wrong to say sauté sugar–for 30 seconds. Stir frequently. Add chicken cubes, green onion, onion, and garlic. Sauté at medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally. Add bell pepper, bay leaf, celery seed, black pepper, thyme, and tomato. Simmer on low heat for 20 minutes with the lid off. occasionally. Add in cornstarch. Stir. Serve. Enjoy.
Add in cornstarch. Stir. Serve. Enjoy.
1) This recipe contains celery seed. Watch out because . . .
2) Ancient Romans believed celery to be a powerful aphrodisiac.
3) Modern scientists say celery contains androsterone. This pheromone, released by men’s sweat glands, attracts females.
4) Chocolate has been shown to make women happier.
5) Don’t reverse it guys and eat the chocolate while giving your date a bag of celery.
5) You spend more energy chewing celery than you get from eating it.
6) Celery rocks!
– Chef Paul
As an e-book on Nook
or on my website-where you can get a signed copy at: www.lordsoffun.com