¼ cup butter
1¼ cups refried beans
1 cup grated Four Mexican Cheeses
½ cup salsa or pico de gallo
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Let butter soften at room temperature. Cut rolls in half. Remove a little bit of the insides from each half to make a hollow spot. Spread butter over the hollow spots on the roll halves. Put rolls in over. Bakel at 400 degrees for 5-to-10 minutes or until rolls turn crispy and golden brown.
While rolls are baking, cook refried beans in pan at low heat. Put beans in hollow spots in rolls. Add salsa and sprinkle cheese over each roll.
Makes 8 moletttes or half rolls. Takes 15-to-20 minutes.
1) This dish is sold in the morning by street vendors all over Mexico.
2) The east coast of Mexico is on the Gulf of Mexico.
3) Gulf gas stations used to be all over America.
4) America’s Cup goes to the winner of an international sailing event.
5) Sophia Loren, the famous Italian actress, wore a C cup.
6) Vitamin C is good for you. It helps banish colds.
7) Ice cream is cold. So is Iceland.
8) Iceland also has volcanoes. So does Mexico.
9) But Mexicans eat molettes while Icelanders do not.
– Chef Paul
The cookbook is also available as an e-book on Nook
or on my website-where you can get a signed copy at: www.lordsoffun.com