1 pound ground pork
1/2 pound ground beef
2 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes
6 Swiss cheese slices
Dill Sandwich StackersTM Pickles
6 French rolls (Use Cuban bread if you can find it.)
No mayonnaise (This is a Cuban no no.)
Mince onion and garlic cloves. Mix pork, beef, onion, garlic, cumin, mustard, oregano, pepper, and salt by hand. Form six patties. Fry patties in pan until golden brown.
Add diced tomatoes and juice. Cook until tomatoes and juice are hot. Toast rolls. Put patty on roll, followed by a scooping of diced tomatoes, a few pickles, and a slice of Swiss Cheese. Spread mustard on the top half of the roll and put on top of the patty and fixings. Andale.
1) Some decades ago, Fidel Castro decided communist Cuba could do as well as McDonald’sTM. To back up this bold assertion, they announced the construction of roadside stands selling burgers and orange drinks. The meat in the burgers was guaranteed to contain at least 60% pork. They didn’t identify the meat comprising the other 40%.
2) This dish is in homage to Fidel Castro. Thanks Fidel, without you this dish would never have been created.
3) Fidel Castro was a good baseball player in his youth and probably would made it at least to minor leagues if he hadn’t decided to throw it all away to make a revolution.
4) Lenin caused the Russian Revolution which caused millions of people to die. His successor Stalin is responsible for tens of millions more.
5) Neither Lenin nor Stalin showed any aptitude for baseball. Coincidence, perhaps?
6) One of the first professional baseball teams in Russia played next to a missile base.
7) During the 1990s, Moscow’s utility company shut down all electricity to Russia’s command center for its nuclear strike force. Until Russia paid its electric bill, it’s nuclear missiles were useless.
– Chef Paul
As an e-book on Nook
or on my website-where you can get a signed copy at: www.lordsoffun.com