My fellow humans,
What with the Cubs quite possibly heading to the World Series for the first time since 1945, news about Bacon & Chocolate Party has been crowded. People starved for a real political party are asking, “What ever happened to the great Bacon & Chocolate Party?” and “What do they believe in?” Ok, here’s the scoop.
1) Bacon & Chocolate Party is on the ballot in all but fifty states and the District of Columbia.
2)) B&C is within 50% of the votes of winning every state’s and DC’s electoral votes.
3) B&C is corruption proof. We have accepted no contributions from any special interest or lobbyist.
4) Or lobbist, i.e., a professional tennis player.
6) We believe in the tastiness and healing properties of bacon and chocolate.
7) Save our bees.
8) We believe much of the deadlock in D.C. is due to the rancor between the political parties.
9) We will enforce mandatory nap time every time cranky Congress fails to legislate anything.
10) We will take massive national polls on everything. Those issues getting the highest percentage of yeses will get passed.
11) Ms. Bowen and I and the B&C cabinet will take frequent naps as well. We don’t like getting cranky either.
12) We’ll have great big, super tasty barbecues every week on the White House lawn. One guests, picked randomly from all Americans, will attend these food fests.
13) Anything that adversely affects our bees and our bacon and chocolate supplies will be dealt with.
14) Funding for Paul’s Flying Squirrel Squadron will be increased. It does wonderful work protecting this great nation.
15) And stuff.
Presidential candidate Paul R. De Lancey
– Paul De Lancey, The Comic Chef
My cookbook, Following Good Food Around the World, with its 180 wonderful recipes, my newest novel, Do Lutheran Hunks Eat Mushrooms, a hilarious apocalyptic thriller, and all my other books, are available on amazon.com.