6 ounces Sierra MistTM or Seven UpTM or SpriteTM
1 ounce grenadine syrup
1 maraschino cherry with stem
Pour Sierra MistTM and grenadine syrup into glass. Add as much ice as you want. Top it all with a maraschino cherry.
1) My mother loved Shirley Temple when she was a little girl. She’d go to every Shirley Temple movie if she had the money.
2) This was during the Great Depression when times were truly hard. Movie theaters, in order to get people to come by, would offer free tap dancing lessions.
3) When I was little and went out with the family for dinner, my parents would make me feel important by letting me order a Shirley Temple. I really thought no one could tell the difference between my drink and the drinks all the adults were having.
4) Now that I’m an adult I have something much stronger, a Roy Rogers.
– Paul De Lancey, The Comic Chef
My cookbook, Following Good Food Around the World, with its 180 wonderful recipes, my newest novel, Do Lutheran Hunks Eat Mushrooms, a hilarious apocalyptic thriller, and all my other books, are available on amazon.com.