1 head iceberg lettuce
4 hard-boiled eggs
1 1/2 cups Four Mexican cheeses
1 cup ranch dressing
Wash the head of lettuce. Peel off any wilted leaves.
Chop up the head of lettuce. (Can you “chop down” a head of lettuce?) This is one of the few times where chopping by hand is far preferred to a food processor. A salad shouldn’t have minuscule strips of lettuce.
Mash or dice the peeled hard-boiled eggs. Again, go for medium size bits. Add the egg bits to the lettuce while they are still warm. Mix in the cheese and dressing.
Simple and tasty.
1) People from Wisconsin are called “cheese heads.”
2) Nowhere are folks known as “egg-salad heads.”
3) I used to bicycle from Madison, Wisconsin to the tiny town of Paoli to get fresh Swiss cheese.
4) Oh, and I bicycled back, too.
– Paul De Lancey, The Comic Chef
My cookbook, Following Good Food Around the World, with its 180 wonderful recipes, my newest novel, Do Lutheran Hunks Eat Mushrooms, a hilarious apocalyptic thriller, and all my other books, are available on amazon.com.