CHOCOLATE RICE CANDY
1 11.5 ounce bag milk-chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups Rice KrispiesTM
Cook chocolate chips in saucepan on medium heat until chips completely melt, about 3 to 5 minutes. Stir frequently. (Oh my gosh yes, do you want to burn chocolate?) Stir in Rice KrispiesTM until altogether mixed.
Transfer candy mix to cookie sheet. While the mix is cooling, use a knife to separate it into 1-inch by 3-inches rectangles. When no longer warm, put cookie sheet with candy rectangles into refrigerator. (Oh heck, have one now, or two. Who will know?) Let remaining candy harden. This will take 30 minutes to an hour.
1) Christopher Columbus brought back chocolate to Europe from his trip to the New World in 1502.
2) This feat alone makes him worthy of having his own day on October 12.
3) Do the folks who invented the hamburger, chicken Kiev, or the enchilada have a day named after them?
5) This shows you how much politicians value chocolate.
6) The Swiss, both politicians and people, esteem chocolate as well, consuming 22 pounds each of the stuff per year, though presumably not at one sitting.
7) There is some caffeine in chocolate bars, but not much.
8) Which is why the Swiss drink coffee before yodeling.
9) I don’t think Columbus ever yodeled.
As an e-book on Nook
or on my website-where you can get a signed copy at: www.lordsoffun.com