People who design printers are the most vile, evil people on this planet. If I had a dollar for every time my printer jammed or I reset my printing preferences and did not have them stick, I would be able to buy, Amazon(tm), Google ™, and Microsoft(tm) and still have money left over to buy all the gold in the world. May they rot in Hell for all eternity. And while in Hell they’d have to . . .
1) Eat nothing but lutefisk
2) Listen to an endless loop of the Barney the Dinosaur(tm) song.
3) Get paper cuts that never heal.
4*) Have the instructions for cooking something be in a foreign language.
5) Sit next to a cholicky baby that smokes and needs a diaper change.
6) Wait in line at the DMV. When they get to the end of the line, the DMV closes for the day. They come back the next day to repeat the process.
7) Gather documents and all information for taxes and assemble that information in a useful way. Every day.
8) Bite into a chocolate-chip cookies to find it really has raisins in it.
9) Ask vegans why they are vegan. If they aren’t vegan, ask them why not.
10) Wake up hungover after drinking nothing but milk the previous day.
11) Type a term paper on a keyboard that’s missing the “e” key. Retype term paper until you get it right.
12) Pet a porcupine the wrong way.
13) Talk to a conspiracy theorist about anything while in line at the DMV.
14) Wait all to attend the grand opening of the latest Star Wars(tm) movie and find out you’re actually really going to a seminar on theoretical economics.
15) Get the eternal sniffles.
16) Lose your place completely in a 171,326 page book.
17) Have someone tell you won that championship game you recorded.
18) Have chapped lips but must smile over and over again.
19) Go shopping, but every aisle is blocked by someone’s shopping cart.
20) Pilot the Ever Given(tm) super tanker through the Suez Canal.
21) Do a crossword puzzle that requires a working knowledge of Sanskrit.
22) To live in a house strewn with Lego(tm) pieces and you have no shoes.
23) Drink curdled milk.
24) Drive behind someone who goes 30 miles under the speed limit.
25) Eat meat served just the way you don’t like it.
There, I feel better now.
– Paul De Lancey, The Comic Chef, Ph.D.
My cookbook, Following Good Food Around the World, with its 180 wonderful recipes, my newest novel, Do Lutheran Hunks Eat Mushrooms, a hilarious apocalyptic thriller, and all my other books, are available on amazon.com.