1 head lettuce
1 pound ground pork
1/2 pound ground beef
1 1/2 teaspoon Meat MagicTM spice
1 1/2 teaspoon coriander
Greek cucumber sauce or tzatziki sauce from previous recipe
This dish works best with the outer, larger leaves of lettuce. Be sure to wash the lettuce and remove any leaves with brown spots.
Mix pork, beef, meat spice, and coriander. Cook meat until browned. Tear off one or two leaves of lettuce. Put about 3 or 4 spoonfuls meat on the leaves, but not so much that you cannot roll up the leaves.
Put about two spoonfuls cucumber sauce on top. Roll up the lettuce leaves so no meat shows. Hold at one end to keep the sauce from dripping out. Eat at the other end.
This is a tasty and healthy variation on gyros.
1) Lettuce grew as a weed long before anyone ate it.
2) But if lettuce flourished as a weed, then why is it so hard to grow deliberately?
3) I think the definition of a weed is something that grows without help.
4) Food is something that is difficult to grow.
5) There is a town in northern California called Weed.
6) Columbus brought lettuce to the Americas.
7) Spanish explorers brought potatoes back from the Americas. Fair trade, you think?
8) There is no eighth tidbit. My computer decided to update my software at this point.
– Chef Paul
As an e-book on Nook
or on my website-where you can get a signed copy at: www.lordsoffun.com