BACON BUTTERMILK PANCAKES
15 slices bacon (about 1 pound)
1/2 cup butter
1 cup cultured buttermilk blend
4 cups water
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
You can, of course, buy buttermilk instead of buttermilk blend, but your buttermilk will go bad if you don’t use it right away.
griddle or skillet
Cut bacon strips in half. Fry bacon on medium-high heat until it starts to get crispy. Put bacon on towel-covered plate.
Melt butter. Use “batter” setting on electric mixer, or beater, to combine buttermilk blend, water, eggs, and butter. Combine in a second large mixing bowl: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Pour the contents of the second bowl into the first mixing bowl. Mix together with fork until just blended.
Fire up the griddle to 350 degrees. Use a 1/2-cup ladle to pour your batter onto the griddle. Put two half bacon strips in batter. Cook for 1 3/4 minutes on the first side and for 1 1/2 minutes on the second side or until brown on both sides.
Makes about 16 8-inch diameter pancakes. Come join bacon mania.
1) Bacon makes you smart.
2) The choline, whatever that is, in bacon stimulates fetal brain development.
3) China began preserving and salting pork bellies around 1,500 B.C.
4) China was one of the first places on Earth to develop a complex, thriving civilization. It is the most populous nation in the world.
5) The Greeks were one of the first peoples in the West to preserve and salt pork. The Greeks developed modern Western philosophy.
6) The Romans preserved and salted pork. They built the largest empire Europe and the Mediterranean world has ever seen. America’s founding fathers consciously based our system of government on the Roman model.
7) Americans eat bacon all the time. America’s economy is the largest in the world.
8) But other countries’ economies are catching up. Their peoples are eating more bacon.
– Chef Paul
As an e-book on Nook
or on my website-where you can get a signed copy at: www.lordsoffun.com