I have a will of iron. When I resolve not to do something, it stays undone. Here are things I shall not do today.
1) See my dentist.
2) Schedule a colonoscopy. (I’m not in the mood for deep insights to myself.)
3) Reorganize my office.
4) Dance the polka with Vladimir Putin. (I will not dance with any quasi-dictator who invades countries. I just won’t.)
5) Dance on the ceiling. (We have gravity in my fair city of Poway. It isn’t possible.)
6) Run the Marathon.
7) Or even the half-Marathon.
8) Conjugate verbs in Portuguese.
9) Appear in any on-Broadway musical.
10) Read the entire consent form on any website.
11) Eat or cook haggis.
12) Make at not-to-do list with thirteen items.
– Paul R. De Lancey, great no-doer
– Paul De Lancey, The Comic Chef
My cookbook, Following Good Food Around the World, with its 180 wonderful recipes, my newest novel, Do Lutheran Hunks Eat Mushrooms, a hilarious apocalyptic thriller, and all my other books, are available on amazon.com.