3 cups milk
1 cup smooth peanut butter
2 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
Put milk in blender. Add 1 cup of peanut butter. Put the peanut butter directly into the blender until the level of the milk reaches 4 cups. (Measuring sticky peanut butter exactly by the measuring cup is a colossal pain.) Make sure, though, that the peanut butter is completely submerged in milk. Similarly, add the ice cream until the milk’s level reads 6 1/2 cups.
Blend the mix at the “milkshake” or “blend” speed until you get your desired level of smoothness. You smooth operator, you.
1) This has a lot of calories in it. So beware.
2) It sure is tasty, though.
3) I had a peanut-butter milkshake in Plains, Georgia, the hometown of President Jimmy Carter.
4) Everyone told me how I had just missed seeing him by a half hour and how he liked to talk to people.
5) I waited a bit hoping he would come back soon, but he didn’t.
6) I never saw him, ever.
7) Culinary life isn’t always fair.
8) But I’ve gotten over it, mostly.
– Paul De Lancey, The Comic Chef
My cookbook, Following Good Food Around the World, with its 180 wonderful recipes, my newest novel, Do Lutheran Hunks Eat Mushrooms, a hilarious apocalyptic thriller, and all my other books, are available on amazon.com.