3 garlic cloves
4 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon oregano
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1 teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chicken broth
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Peel potatoes. Cut potatoes into 1″ cubes. Mince garlic cloves. Put all ingredients except potato cubes in mixing bowl. Mix with fork or whisk. Put spice/herb/mixture in casserole dish. Add potato cubes. Turn potato cubes around until coated with spice/herb mixture.
Put casserole dish in oven. Bake at 425 degree for 1 hour to 90 minutes or until potato is tender and starting to turn golden brown.
1) Rosemary has long been held to improve memory.
2) Rosemary was sometimes worn at the wedding ceremony to remind the happy couple to always remember their wedding vows and to bring good luck. At funerals, it meant the living would always recall the dearly departed.
3) The Chinese used rosemary to get rid of headaches and cure baldness.
4) Rosemary has long been held to improve memory.
5) The Greeks thought rosemary could aid the liver and improve digestion.
6) In the wonderful British television series, “All Creatures Great and Small,” the main characters wax ecstatic over the prospect of having rosemary added to lamb. This is the only time out of more than a hundred episodes that they ever mention a spice or a herb.
7) Rosermary branches were used in Medieval Europe to combat the plague.
8) Rosemary is a safe herb for “brown thumbs” to grow.
9) Rosemary is connected with the Virgin Mary. Their flowers obtain their color from the shawl Mary placed over the shrub.
10) Rosemary is a happening herb.
– Chef Paul
As an e-book on Nook
or on my website-where you can get a signed copy at: www.lordsoffun.com