3/4 pounds ground beef
2 tablespoons feta cheese
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon parsley
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1 garlic clove
4 hamburger buns
Crumble the feta cheese. Mix beef, cheese, oregano, parsley, pepper, salt, egg, and bread crumbs. Make four patties. Cook on grill until meat is no longer pink.
Mince cucumber and garlic clove and add to yogurt and mayonnaise. Mix with whisk to make sauce.
Toast the hamburger buns. Put patties in buns. Top patties with sauce. Yum.
1) As far as I know, Greek hamburgers might be an invention of Greek Americans.
2) Florida leads America in cucumber production.
3) Cucumbers are 95 percent water.
4) Feta is a bad word in Western Sweden.
5) Garlic gloves hung around the neck are supposed to ward off vampires. We have no vampires in Poway, California, so I don’t wear them.
– Chef Paul
As an e-book on Nook
or on my website-where you can get a signed copy at: www.lordsoffun.com