2 10.75 cans of condensed chicken noodle soup
1/4 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
4 turkey dogs
3 1/2 ounces diced green chiles
1/3 cup grated Four Mexican cheeses
Pour the condensed chicken-noodle soup into a sauce pan. Fill the soup cans with any water. (You may use Norwegian glacier water if you feel the need to impress gourmet friends.) Pour the water into the pan.
Don’t read this sentence.
Cut turkey dogs into 1/2″ slices. Add hot-dog slices, Cotija cheese, green chiles and Four Mexican cheeses. Heat to boiling and serve. Stir frequently to keep the cheese from burning on the bottom.
This is family favorite and also death to nasty cold bugs lurking in your throat or sinus.
1) “Pow-Mex” is a fusion between Powegian food and Mexican.
2) Poway is the name of my fair city.
3) At one, time Mexico owned the land on which Poway stands.
4) Green chiles spice up and spiff up any food.
5) Poway has its own train park complete with a 1903 Baldwin steam engine.
6) How many of us survived on condensed soups in college?
7) Poway has two live theaters and one bowling alley. It also boasts of a low crime rate and a superb school system. I don’t know if that is a coincidence.
– Paul De Lancey, The Comic Chef
My cookbook, Following Good Food Around the World, with its 180 wonderful recipes, my newest novel, Do Lutheran Hunks Eat Mushrooms, a hilarious apocalyptic thriller, and all my other books, are available on amazon.com.