TARASSACO E PATATE
(dandelions and potatoes)
3 cups dandelion greens
6 medium brown potatoes
6 cloves garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
Snip stems off dandelions greens. Cut potatoes into eighths. Mince garlic. Put potatoes in large pot with enough water to cover with an inch to spare. Boil potatoes on high heat for 20 minutes. Add dandelion greens. Boil on high heat for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and drain. While potato bits are boiling, add garlic and olive oil to pan. Sauté for 3 minutes on medium-high heat.
Combine potato/dandelion mix, sautéed garlic, and salt in bowl. Mix ingredients together with fork or spoon. Serve hot. (If guests say, “Eww, dandelions,” bonk them on the heat with your kitchen mallet because this tastes great.)
1) The greatest dandelion song of all time is “Dandelion” by the Rolling Stones.
2) Rolling stones gather no moss.
3) Randy Moss was a famous pass receiver for the Minnesota Vikings.
4) The vikings terrorized Europe for hundreds of years during the Dark Ages.
5) It gets dark at night., but you can make it light again by turning on the light bulb. Thomas Alva Edison is credited with inventing the light bulb. The great inventor had a full set of teeth. So do lions.
6) The word “dandelion” derives for the French words “dents de lion” or “lions teeth” referring to serrated edges of the plant’s leaves.
As an e-book on Nook
or on my website-where you can get a signed copy at: www.lordsoffun.com